The S220 Focused-ultrasonicator is a versatile, high power system engineered for pre-analytical sample processing using Covaris’ patented Adaptive Focused Acoustics® (AFA®). Utilizing a spherical acoustic transducer, specifically designed acoustical cuvettes and advanced electronics, AFA delivers controlled energy precisely and accurately to sample volumes from 15 μl to 18 ml.
Key applications for the S220 include:
- Mechanical Shearing for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- DNA/RNA Extraction from Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) Tissue Samples, Dried Blood Spots (DBS), and Whole Blood for NGS
- Chromatin Mechanical Shearing for ChIP-Seq
- Biomarker Extraction for Research and Clinical Microbiology
- Tissue disruption and homogenization
- Cell lysis
- Compound dissolution
- Particle micronization.
The S220 Focused-ultrasonicator is available in higher power (S220x) and robotic-capable (S220R) configurations.
Additional instrument information: http://covarisinc.com/products/afa-ultrasonication/s-series/
For pricing and additional product details please email: EMEAcustomerservice@covaris.com